If there is a court order stating the child is to have visits with a parent and child refuses to go, the custodial parent could be held in contempt if the child is not made to visit. The custodial parent must make the child available and not prevent visitation. Additionally, the custodial parent should encourage the child to visit and not make disparaging remarks against the other parent. If there are legitimate concerns about the noncustodial parent’s fitness, a motion for modification should be made to the court. If the noncustodial parent wishes to force the child to visit, parent should file a motion with the court to compel visitation. An attorney well-versed in custody matters should be consulted regarding the specific facts of your case.